Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:52:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
October 2006 — created this new MFAB website with it's own built-in forum. We hope you'll register and take part in discussions here ...
100 Posts in 39 Topics by 55 Members
Latest Member: chardonnay
Search:     Advanced search
+  Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival
|-+  FORUM INFO
| |-+  Announcements / Welcome Messages
| | |-+  Welcome to MFAB fantastic new Website!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome to MFAB fantastic new Website!  (Read 2792 times)
Lizzie
Global Moderator

InAnyEvent! I've got something to tell you.....

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2006, 02:33:56 PM »

Welcome to our new website! I am having a play with things you can do on here! Try it is is fun! Laughing  
It is really great to be back. I always enjoy keeping up with all our MFAB friends via the website forum.

I am already busy booking bands for 2007! Again this year, I am being chased by agents and bands, such a wealth of wonderful music and musicians to choose from. It is a brilliant job but hard work. The committee are plotting and planning as always, some have moved on (sadly) and will be missed. Talking of one Stephen Dent, Chairman and staunch festival ambassador of MFAB and very good friend. With a tear in his eye he left our last meeting to begin retirement (ha ha) and will be an Honorary something or other for the future, but more about that on our main news bit.

I am planning the Winter Warmer Festival 17th and 18th November and have a few bands for you to enjoy, again more details to follow in the next few days.

You know I always enjoy hearing about bands you have seen and enjoyed at other festivals throughout the year, do contact me and tell me who you like, who you recommend and of course who you don't!

If you are a band and want to make contact, then you can do that too.
Look forward to hearing your festival news and meeting some of you at events throughout the year.

My next gig - Elkie Brooks at Crewe on Wed night! Complimentary tickets as she went to school with my dad and we met up at a festival in the summer! What a beautiful and lovely lady not only a privilege to work with her on that day, but her performance stronger and more powerful in real life than you can imagine. Am I excited?! You BET!!

Liz Rosenfield

Festival Director
Middlewich Folk and Boat Festival

I'd rather be singin' the blues......!!   

Lizzie
Lizzie
Global Moderator

InAnyEvent! I've got something to tell you.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 08:44:01 AM »

I Know you are out there!!! Roll EyesI am really excited to anounce the Winter Warmer Weekend, so many great bands, so hard to choose, and I have to say a big thank you to those bands who offered their services free for the weekend, the money we make from YOUR TICKET sales will provide our first bit of budget to put towards the cost of workshops next year. And of course my promise to the bands who do take part is a slot on the mainstage next year. More to look forward to!
I also want to thank all the bands and artists who offered to take part, I could run a festival for a week I have so many bands to choose from! I do hope you understand!
Do start using this forum, it is a good way for us to keep in touch with you!

I'd rather be singin' the blues......!!   

Lizzie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: